Need a custom made product?
Orrcon Steel’s extensive range of fencing mesh & wire are made to meet Australian Standards, with quality testing to ensure trouble free fencing that will last. We have a wide range of steel mesh and steel wire available including barbed wire, fence wire, tie wire, hinged joint, general purpose mesh, dog fence, cage mesh and chain mesh.
Our quality management system is certified to ISO9001. This is your assurance that Orrcon Steel products meet the highest quality standard. A variety of surface finishes are available across our range of precision tubulars, but not all finishes are available in all sizes.
Our Steel Mesh & Steel Wire Products
Steel Mesh & Steel Wire has become a widely used material in architecture, engineering and building, where wire goods are used for projects due to their practicality, safety and value. Both Steel Mesh & Steel Wire are strong, long-lasting fencing materials, which is ideal for protective fences as it is heavier than other materials and is more resistant to damage and wind.
Using high quality fencing wire is key to ensuring the long life of a fence. With Orrcon Steel you can be confident that you are purchasing steel mesh & steel wire that will stand the test of time. We stock a range of steel fencing wire products, including:
- Barbed Wire: Constructed with sharp edges or points arranged at intervals along the strand(s), barbed wire is used to construct inexpensive, restrictive fences.
- Tie Wire: The basic principal of tie wire is that when it is twisted in a tightening fashion, it remains tight and doesn’t untwist even under a heavy load. It is commonly used in the construction, agriculture and manufacturing industries.
- Hinged Joint: The hinge joint is a flexible type of steel fence that moves to absorb impacts and springs back to shape again. It is commonly used in the rural industry to ensure smaller animals cannot get through the gaps nearer the ground.
- General Purpose Mesh: Steel mesh is a versatile mesh wire that can be used for a wide range of applications and DIY projects such as fencing, security applications, guarding and gates.
- Chain Mesh: Chain mesh, is produced in a variety of mesh sizes and qualities and is normally erected along a fence line of tubular steel posts in order to protect livestock.
There are many benefits to using our steel mesh & steel wire products, such as:
- Durability: Steel is a highly durable material, which is less prone to rotting and insect infestation unlike timber or wood.
- Practicality: Steel mesh & wire can be more easily purchased and installed than other types of fencing materials.
- Price: Fencing wire is relatively cheap compared to alternative materials such as brick and glass.
- Aesthetics: Wire mesh fencing can be customized in terms of colour as it can be powder coated. It is also not as restrictive as other types of fencing as it allows you to see through while still providing a clear boundary.
You can view the types of fencing wire and mesh that we offer below, as well as the specific sizes and attributes of these materials.
Steel fencing is ideal for providing protection and is commonly used in commercial and industrial settings. Steel fencing is often the preferred choice for projects that require an amount of strength and durability. The peace of mind from installing a steel fence is likely to be worth the cost if it is used for protecting valuable stock and machinery.
Orrcon Steel is a leading distributor of Australian steel. We take pride in our ability to align our products with the needs of our customers, and we specialise in servicing a number of industries across Australia. Our customers value our commitment to them, to ensure we continuously deliver quality steel efficiently, and on time.
We manage our company according to the principles of quality, innovation, flexibility and dedication and strive to deliver strong financial returns to our clients.
In the steel industry, Orrcon is renowned for being flexible, responsive, approachable and friendly. We strive to deliver only the best to our customers, who are at the core of our business processes. Taking the time to understand the unique needs of each customer, we apply our knowledge and experience of the steel industry to produce and supply steel products that meet and exceed their expectations. We also ask for feedback from out customers regularly so that we can continuously work on improving the service that we provide for them.
At Orrcon Steel, our tagline is ‘we'll see it through’. This defines who we are as a company that strives to go that extra mile for our customers. We do this by building strong internal and external relationships and gaining a full understanding of the businesses that we service, so that we can add value to the whole company. Orrcon Steel will continuously deliver on our promises, working together with you to make it as easy as possible for you to do business with us.
Orrcon Steel supplies a range of quality building and fencing tools to make building and maintaining your fence as easy as possible. View our other products here:
- Fence Panels
- Fencing Extras
- Fencing Joints
- Gate Packs
- Handrail Systems
- Post Caps
- Punched Rail
- Rural Fencing and Gates
Mesh & Wires INFO
Standard Mechanical Properties