Need a custom made product?
Orrcon Steel’s Merchant bar flats are suitable for a number of applications, including residential, non-residential, engineering construction, manufacturing, transport and mining.
They are available in sizes from 10 x 3mm to 300 x 25mm.
|Nominal Size (mm)||Weight (kg/m)||Metres/ Tonne (m/t)||6m|
|10 x 3 *||0.25||4000|
|13 x 3 *||0.31||3226|
|13 x 5 *||0.53||1887|
|13 x 6 *||0.56||1786|
|16 x 3 *||0.36||2778|
|16 x 5 *||0.60||1667|
|16 x 8||1.03||971||✓|
|20 x 3||0.48||2083||✓|
|20 x 5||0.80||1250||✓|
|20 x 6||0.96||1042||✓|
- 1 of 12
- next ›
- *4 metre lengths only.
- Standard lengths - 6 metres.
- Non standard lengths available subject to enquiry.
- Not all products are available at all locations.
- Please contact your Orrcon Steel / Metalcorp representative for availability.
Coatings & Finishes
Product Standards & Grades
Manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 3679.1. Grades available – 300 MPa
UB, UC, PFC & Angles
Hot rolled sections are manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 3679.1. Grades available – 300MPa
Plain & Floor(Checker) Plate Manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 3678 & AS/NZS 1594. Grades available -250 & 350MPa
- Computerised Nesting and Quoting.
- Processing – Including straight and mitre cutting. Drilling and plasma profiling only available in QLD at selected branches.
- Delivery of all products.
- Other requirements – Please contact your Orrcon Steel / Metalcorp representative
NOTE: Not all services available at all locations. Contact your Orrcon Steel / Metalcorp representative for details.
Section Translation Guide (STG)
Section Translation Guide – STG Now you can compare open steel sections with hollow steel sections by a click of your mouse! The STG is a free web based software that allows you to compare structural steel hollow sections against hot-rolled open sections. It will assist you to get the best architectural effect, structural efficiency and cost savings for your designs and projects.
The best part is it’s a free resource.