Need a custom made product?
Suppliers in Australia have an extensive geographical area to cover, and it is simply not economically feasible to stock pipe of differing specifications in every diameter and wall thickness required by industry. To meet this challenge, Orrcon Steel developed a steel grade with an appropriate range of mechanical, chemical properties and testing regime that allows it to offer stock pipe from 168.3mm OD to 457mm OD which meets no less than 4 individual pipe specifications – hence introducing Broadspec® Linepipe.
Broadspec® offers a range of structural steel tubulars and pressure pipe products that comply with multiple industry standards. Developed by metallurgists and engineers in conjunction with national and international steel pipe suppliers, Broadspec® meets API 5L, ASTM A53 and AS/NZS 1163 industry standards. This allows Broadspec® to be used across multiple applications from structural steel tubulars (commercial buildings, marinas, sports arenas etc.) to pressure pipe (oil & gas linepipe, steam, compressed air etc.).
Broadspec® presents an economical solution for structural steel and pressure pipe consumers looking to optimise steel pipe stock management and utilise products across multiple projects. It also reduces the risk of supplying steel pipe to the wrong specifications and simplifies the tender process. Broadspec® steel has been developed with unique mechanical and chemical properties and a complex processing and testing system. This allows Orrcon Steel to offer stock pipe from 88.9mm OD to 610mm OD.
Orrcon Steel BroadSpec® linepipe covers the following Australian and international standards: API 5L X42 ERW/HFW PSL1, ASTM A53 Grades A & B, AS/NZS 1163 Grade C350L0, Broadspec® meets the design rules as specified in AS 4041, AS 2118/4118, AS 1579.
|NB (mm)||OD (mm)||Nom. Thick (mm)||Length (mm)||MDMT* ˚C||Pressure Rating Ambient MPa||Nom. Linear Mass(Kg/m)||Nom. Mtre/ Tonne|
- 1 of 5
- next ›
- Stock lengths are 12 metres. Non standard stock lengths are available from 9 to 18 metres.
- A cut to length service is available on request.
- API bevel ends are standard for stock lengths only.
- Non standard sizes, surface finishes and lengths available subject to enquiry. Minimum order quantities (MOQ’s) apply.
- The values and calculations in the table above are based on AS4041.
- Project supply subject to enquiry.
- Surface finish is NOPC or Mill Varnish.
- Product specification level (PSL1 or PSL2) subject to enquiry.
- Contact your Orrcon Steel / Metalcorp Representative for the correct quantity of lengths per pack.
Coatings & Finishes
Broadspec Pipe INFO
Standard Mechanical Properties
AS/NZS1163 / API 5L